<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 06, 2003

FROM THE HANDS OF BABES

I'm more chuffed than anyone can imagine that Lynn's daughter remembers me. Young artists and needleworkers are our hope for the future. I hope she is still inspired by French art and hasn't given up dabbling in water soluble crayons and other interesting things.

THE BIRDS, THE BIRDS

I see Laren is definitely dealing with kicking birds. Although I touch briefly on heraldic notions, it never entered my fairly sketchy understanding that a bird could be rampant. You find these little guys everywhere.



Jobin's print could easily be done in a voided interpretation. I really think I would correct the misprint/mistake in the center flower though.

STITCHEY STUFF IN FLEA MARKETS

Okay, part of tomorrow morning is LOST. Meri has enticed me to one of my favorite local flea markets. Not the huge mother of flea markets at the Rose Bowl, but just a little local one at Fairfax High. There usually is a bookseller there - dangerous and all sorts of embellishment bits and bobs for doing mixed media stitchery. Frames are always handy and postcards of embroidery or people doing embroidery or embroidered postcards. Old linens are another temptation.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?