<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 11, 2003

THE STITCHING GOES ON

Having received some necessary floss from my design partner Libby the stitching on Sandycombe continues. I wonder if other designers reach the point I do when stitching their designs. At some turning point I wind up thinking "right, fine, it works -- now I just want to finish stitching the blasted thing and move on."



SURFING FOR EMBROIDERY

With all the lack of peace in our world today I've been re-reading Erich Fromm's "The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness" and it doesn't seem as if humankind has made much progress since 1973 when the book was written. I decided to see what embroiderers had to say about destruction and found a link to an inspiring article about creativity on the Canadian Guild site. As a social group we have no choice but to let things "stand" once we've made mistakes but I hope when we take up the same problems in the future we too can achieve "a triumph of creation over destruction."

NEEDLEWORKERS MAKE GOOD BLOGGERS

We do love to talk and write about needlework and now Janine has joined the needleworkers who blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?