<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 12, 2003

HEAVENLY DAY

What a super day I've had. Libby and I met in Pasadena and went to the Huntington Library's William Morris exhibit which continues through April 4, 2004. I had almost forgotten how much I liked some of the Kelmscott Press books. My hands itched to turn the pages. I did a little search on the British Library catalog and they have 51 Kelmscott books. I'll be able to hold them there and turn the pages.

A surprise exhibit was "Drawn to Art - Art Education and the American Experience, 1800-1950" A wonderful little look at how we teach "art" to children. Highly recommended if you are in the area but it only continues through January 4.

Then a special treat, Libby has loaned me her copy of Queen Elizabeth's Wardrob Unlocked. I use it in libraries from time to time but haven't had the luxury of owning a copy or reading it through and through and pondering over the notes. Now it's hard to do any of the tasks I'm supposed to be accomplishing.

AND I've had a chat with Jo of Dinky Dyes and she is sending me some of her fibers to try. I normally pay for all my bits and pieces. I don't get much in the way of free samples from folks, but she barely allowed me to pay postage. What a lady and the colors look good enough to eat. Watch this space, I'll let you know the results.

Now - off to day job tomorrow. Finished up the tour webpages but need to do all the other "fearful finishes".

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?