<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

BACK ON TRACK

The important boxes seem (according to FedEx) to be progressing safely to Nashville. Now we just have to hope they don't run into bad weather and arrive on schedule. I sympathize with Jennifer having to deal with transporting goods from another country. Although some folks do feel California is "another country" as well. Most of our shows and events seem to be East Coast Centric and always having to travel long distances is a pain. When I was teaching at consumer shows (CATS and HOCS) I used to arrive on the east coast and have to appear in a classroom at 8:00 a.m. Now the organizers did not stop to think that my body and brain thought it was 5:00 a.m. and that is a diabolic hour to expect students to put up with me.

90% OF THE JOB

I consistently preach that 90% of good needlework is being able to control one's equipment and materials. That is why I would rather teach someone the skills necessary to accomplish their goals. They can always find a design to use those skills or design something themselves. As Robin/Sabrina is finding out - reaching that critical mass of skills point of being in control is a super feeling.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?