<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 21, 2005

It's A Southern Thing - Part II 

Off to a big box store to get plastic bins for better sorting of needlework fibers. Does anyone ever get them completely sorted? Moving them disturbed them greatly as lots of stuff got loaded topsy-turvy into packing boxes.

Then on to the supermarket for groceries.

THEN to the local plain - non-franchise barbecue place for a treat. Plate of pulled barbecue pork with excellent coleslaw and beans as sides. But I ran into another Southern Thing. The cornbread came as a griddle cake. Very different from my mid-west upbring and my California experience. Can't say it won me over. I suspect it may go in the same department as sweet tea and grits. Some things I'll never eat willingly.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?