<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 20, 2006

Yes, I Am Stitching 


Yes, I'm back in the routine of stitching again - but I'm working on a series of models of designs by another designer.

Because I don't go to consumer shows just now, I've decided to offer some lesser known (but brilliant)designers in my retail catalog.

Jennifer Tom of Compass Rose is a talented California designer who travels to London with us each fall and spends a good deal of time in the textile study rooms at the Victoria and Albert Museum.

She now has published a small number of her designs based on museum examples and they are very popular when we take them to consumer shows. Jennifer is a member of SCA and some of her designs are of particular interest to those who want pelican and laurel designs.

I've finished the first of the models from her Road to Samarkand designs. Two bands charted from medieval Islamic artifacts. I chose to stitch only the primary design stitches on perforated paper as a bookmark. Now I'm working on her chess board.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?