<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Have I Lost My Mind? 

I think maybe so. I have finally decided to put my library catalog on Library Thing. I had looked at it some months ago, but just couldn't deal with it at the time.

I use a pretty extensive and customizeable catalog program and have been happy with it, but I thought it would be nice to be able just to point to my catalog on LT when I get questions about books.

I was able to port a few things over from Book Organizer, but silly me, I typed all the ISBN's with spaces in them and LT didn't recognize those records when it searched my DB.

I can put them up side-by-side however and cut and paste the ISBN or all the info if necessary. I have heaps of books without ISBNs or they may have ISBNs but don't show up on the radar of any collection. So that means a lot of manual entries.

I've managed to get through the A's and with the few I imported from Book Organizer, I'm up to 82 entries. I'm just entering the needlework and the art books. Heaven help us if we ever decide to do the history and other non-fiction or the fiction.

My catalog is under skinnersisters if anyone wants to see my creeping progress.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?