<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Threads, Glorious Threads 


I've been a little quiet these past few days because I've been shuffling papers around here (ugh). But I finally got down to something nice -- a bag with the new Dinky Dyes silks Jo gave me in Nashville.

John at Rainbow Gallery has accused me of using only black silks but when I break into colors they are often Jo's glorious threads. I particularly like them for their "handle". They feel more like vintage silks than any other thread on the market today, and of course the colors.

I don't solicit freebies from manufacturers as a rule because I only endorse or sell what I personally use, but a few folks give me samples to try. Jo has always been very generous in that department and I often use her silks.

Her new colors are stunning. They remind me of my favorite coral reef island off Australia, Heron Island. Hmmm, I may need to stitch up a Heron Island embroidery.

While in Nashville Jo and I also picked the Dinky Dyes for the limited edition reproduction sampler I'll be teaching at Rockome in June. More on how to try to reproduce a sampler another day.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?