<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Little Things 

There are always little last minute things to do before leaving town. I'm off to Murphreesboro tomorrow to hunt fabric for a garment my friend Catherine K. is going to help with in KC. And I need a can of black spraypaint - well maybe gold.

No, I'm not taking up Grafitti. Got an idea for a little pressie to make for my friend Catherine before I leave. Can't share details just now, but if it is successful, I'll let you in on it when I return. She is always making things for me and I'd like to return the favor.

I'm always humbled when someone gives me a gift of the work of their hands and heart. Anyone can buy something off the shelf. I've received some very thoughtful gifts that were purchased through the years, but a hand crafted gift is special. It involves spending time and time is one of the most precious gifts we can offer anyone. Also, many people have found that whilst crafting a gift for a friend you seem to think of them during the process and weave that friendship magic into your art. I treasure gifts made for me. They stay about me and I see them every day and think of the special people who made them.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?