<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 16, 2007

Books, Books and More About Books 

Like many needleworkers I have a love affair with books. Add a passion for history, social history and art and it can become all consuming at times.

One of the many tempting newsletters I get from bookdealers has yielded a useful site with heaps of information about books -- rare, secondhand, ordinary and otherwise.

The Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries, a Division of the American Library Association maintains a page full of FAQs and links to many resources. Some of the questions posed and answered include: What makes a book rare? How can I keep my books in good condition? How do I describe my books?

I love finding so much information packed in a small space in a sensible way.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?