<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Keep Going Back 

I've written before that one needs to "go back" to websites to find new images and features added by the site holder. But as well, we need to return to favorite books.

I was reminded of this today when flipping through Kay Staniland's Medieval Craftsmen, Embroiderers. I read this some years ago when I first acquired it and have dipped into it from time to time when researching some particular issue. Now, I think it is time to read it again cover to cover. I will look at it and understand it in a different way given the layers of knowledge I've added to my understanding base.

I do always encourage embroidery historians to go back and forth between books and documents and textiles. The big picture is only available to those who don't limit themselves to just one sort of learning.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?