<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 28, 2007

Embroidery in Moline 

Well, dear readers I'm tapping in from beautiful Quad Cities area. Yesterday was spent at the Butterworth House in Moline. The Mississippi River Valley EGA is holding their biannual show there.

The house is a lovely mansion once owned by a member of the John Deere family and is full of woodwork, stairways, nooks and crannies - you get the picture. The exhibit has been displayed beautifully by members of the guild in various rooms according to themes. The holiday room is particularly beautiful and they have done an entire Chrismon ornament tree that is the best I've seen to date.

I spoke last night on embroidery history and the crowd was kind enough to say "well done". It may have been the free admission as well.....

Back today to visit more with those attending the exhibit and those working for its success. I'm quite spoiled as I've been the guest of designer, Cindy Valentine. She and her kind spouse Ian and Iris her Mum have been super. I've been able to get a preview of her new GCC project and her class project for upcoming National.

Home tomorrow and then London on Monday.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
It was NOT the free admission, I'm sure, you have a very pleasant speaking voice and your love of your subject comes through and captivates an audience. I wasnt able to stitch for a couple of years due to a medical difficulty, but I remember the Lancaster show and still have my keychain with the piece of lace.

Hugs from an old friend
Kim
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?