<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trapunto With A Twist 


I've recently received some very nice ATCs (Artist's Trading Cards) from fiber artists. After I transport my entire stash of cards to California for a class on ATCs at Always Quilting.

I hope to see some west coast friends and friends to be at the classes I will be teaching in November.

One of the cards I'm holding at the moment is one stitched up by Kathy Peterson. Although I've not met Kathy "up close and personal" I appreciate her sense of whimsy as well as her needlework skills.

She has produced a monochromatic ATC by tucking all sorts of things under the top ground fabric (buttons, fluffy stuff and something long I can't identify) and then stitched around them, couched other fibers and added embellishing stitches. This ATC will surely inspire my students in a few weeks.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?